Forth Canoe Club is delighted to be able to offer some financial support for those actively coaching/helping with us. Please email the coaching coordinator straight away when you wish to start helping to coach, as we will have to get several administration items in place – including PVG and Child Protection training. The courses we can help with are not personal proficiency (eg 1/2/3 star award courses), but instead those used actively to coach and lead at the club. Some examples are
- Safety and Rescue Training
- First Aid
- Level 1 & 2 UKCC Coach Training and Assessment
- Moderate & Advanced Water Endorsement
- 4* & 5* Leaders Coaching Support Modules
- SCA Club and Volunteer conference (up to 50%)
- British Canoeing discipline and CPD modules
To make a funding application, speak to the coaching coordinator ASAP. Here are some guidelines:
- You are expected to have your course pre-requisites in place before applying
- We will help with course fees and registration only, not accommodation or transport. You will need to be prepared to make a contribution to the overall costs.
- You must apply for all other funding available in good time, and ensure you follow process for this, (ie apply before the course date, issue proof of attendance etc).
- We expect you to try and use the best value course possible – although individual circumstances can be discussed.
- Payment must be pre-approved by the coaching coordinator before you book onto the course.
- Payment is usually issued after the course has been attended.
- You will be asked to make a commitment agreed with the coaching coordinator to coach over the year after your course.
- We only have a limited budget for courses each year so apply early.
Here are links to some possible funding sources