Forth Canoe Club has a large and active junior section with many 8-12- year-old paddlers coming down to learn and have fun. We paddle on the water between Easter and the October Half Term and then we run sessions in the pool through the winter.
From Easter to the Summer holidays we run a full set of courses for juniors, please see the links below for further details.
- General session: Monday 24 April – Monday 26 June for Years 1 & 2, 5.00pm – 6.30pm
- Slalom: Tuesday 25 April – Tuesday 27 June for Year 2’s, 6.00pm – 7.30pm
- Gym session: Wednesday 26 April – Wednesday 28 June for Years 1 & 2, 4.45pm – 5.45pm
- Slalom: Wednesday 26 April – Wednesday 28 June for Years 1 & 2, 6.00pm – 7.30pm
- Polo: Wednesday 26 April – Wednesday 28 June for over 13’s, 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Sprint: Thursday 27 April – Thursday 29 June for Years 1 & 2+’s, 4.30pm – 6.00pm
- General session: Friday 28 April – Friday 30 June for Years 1 & 2, 3.00pm – 4.30pm
Through the summer, we run a summer school with 4 sessions a day all the way through the summer holidays. This is a great way for children to come and experience paddling and our instructors will help your children learn, explore and have fun in a range of boats.
Our Autumn sessions are designed as a follow on for children who came and enjoyed paddling with us in the summer and have an emphasis on broadening and deepening the skills learned in the summer school.
All these sessions are designed to allow children to develop their skills at their own pace and the emphasis is on having fun and learning in a safe environment.
Where can canoeing take your children?
Forth Canoe Club are working in a strong partnership with sportscotland and The Scottish Canoe Association (SCA) to help children gain an introduction to paddlesport and to help them fulfil their dreams.
We are progressing well with building pathways to take children all the way from summer school taster sessions through more advanced sessions and finally, at around age 12, into the Forth Canoe Club Development Squads for sprint and slalom. Once in the FCC Development Squad our junior athletes aim at becoming part of the SCA’s squad, which can be reached at around age 14. From there they can develop on the national and international stage. Forth Canoe Club currently have a number of national junior champions and our juniors fequently represent GB at European and World level competitions.